This program introduces and trains candidates in the F.I.I. teaching methods, standards and procedures, and course operations utilizing the F.I.I. Instructor manual and teaching scripts.
It is mandatory for all instructor candidates to attain this one-time certification. After passing this course, assistant instructors are qualified to coteach with fully certified FII instructors and independently supervise or guide FII certified freedivers.
- FII standards and procedures
- Fundamentals of the FII education system and teachings
- Supervision and control of freedivers
- Risk management
- Confined water and open-water watermanship
- Practical instructing and evaluation